I picked up two guys from an assisted living community (i.e., high-class nursing home). One was in a wheelchair but otherwise, seemed OK. The second had shaking palsy way bad but could move around. As soon as I had them buckled-in, they picked up the conversation where they’d left off when I came to collect them. Naturally, I listen in on these kinds of chats. Once in a while, I hear something worth repeating. Here’s what the guy in the wheelchair said.
- Up until I was twenty, I’d never even heard of the Grim Reaper.
- In my twenties, I heard people talking about him.
- In my thirties, I got a glimpse of him now and again,
- In my forties, I saw him walking around.
- In my fifties, I saw him standing still, looking about.
- In my sixties, I caught him staring at me.
- Now, in my seventies, the son-of-a-bitch is walking in my direction.